Vino

Over a Glass of Vino- March 4th, 2018

Chilean Merlot

So, I decided to try something new, and kick off a weekly update that will be called “Over a Glass of VINO” (if you didn’t already know I am a huge wino). This will just be a casual platform to discuss great bottle of wine, current events, and whatever else might be happening. Feel free to comment and I will reply as soon as possible!

Today’s glass of vino is a Chilean Merlot called Mucho Mas. (generally I drink Italian wine, but this bottle caught my eye and why not try something new?!) This is such a berry filled wine, with a medium body, left on your pallet is a deliciously rich taste of chocolate! Like several New World wines it has a screw top. I used to think this was a sign of a cheap low quality wine, but have learned that due to cork taint, and the limited availability of cork, several wineries are converting to screw tops. Of course, there are tons of debate over what is better. This isn’t a fancy wine, but it is the perfect company for a lazy Sunday.

It has been so chilly lately in Italy. It snowed almost all week in Turin, and even the south got a fresh blanket of snow, which is highly unusual. Today, March 4th, Italy is electing a new government and it is quite an interesting race without a clear winner as Prime Minister. If you’re looking for a good laugh and a bit of an explanation to the complexity of Italian politics, check out this piece by comedian John Oliver.

Happy Sunday or as they say over here Buona Domenica!
Abigail

P.S. Currently, I’m reading The Magic by Rhonda Byrne- a great read if you’re looking to add a bit of gratitude and positivity in your life!

8 Comments

1. Beth Gregory-Wallis

March 4, 2018 at 6:56 PM

Love reading all your posts, Abby! Thanks for sharing!!! I miss the Italian wine so very much too! 😘😘

2. Cris F.

March 5, 2018 at 5:16 PM

I like this new little piece! The wine sounds divine, though wine doesn’t like me (pity, I like it!), and I’ve bookmarked to come back and check out that comedian and more about the book. Thanks for the suggestions!

3. Charity

March 5, 2018 at 10:12 PM

I am going to love this segment especially since I don’t drink wine and know nothing about it but want to learn about different kinds and how to tell the difference in between cheap wine good wine and so on. Thank you so much for sharing!

1. Abigail

March 10, 2018 at 7:04 PM

The world of wine can be so intimidating, but living in Italy, I’ve learned to just have fun. I love learning what I can from local winemakers and tasting different wines!

4. Justyna

March 6, 2018 at 11:05 AM

I’ve read that book! It’s so inspirational! 🙂 btw I need the same size glass of wine 😀

1. Abigail

March 10, 2018 at 7:05 PM

In these glasses, all of a sudden a bottle only pours two glasses. Lol 🙂

5. Sophie

March 6, 2018 at 3:22 PM

Oooooo this wine sounds fab! As a fellow WINO I totally approve 🙂 looking forward to more “over a glass of vino” posts. Definitely my kinda posts 🙂
    Sophie | https://sophieschoice.co.uk

1. Abigail

March 7, 2018 at 11:11 AM

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the feedback!:)