lifestyle

Overcoming Fears, Having Faith, and Lots of Spontaneity

Bend, Oregon

Hey everyone! My name is Emily and I’m from the U.S.A, specifically Eugene, Oregon. If you don’t know where this is then no worries…neither does anyone else in Italy. However, they do know where California is so if I say I live above Cali they always shake their head in approval and have a huge grin. I think they approve. 😉

My journey to Italy  and why I decided to come is one of struggle, many fears, putting my hope in God for my future, a bit of spontaneity, and an enormous desire to travel and start fresh.

I recently was divorced from a marriage of nearly 4 years. A marriage that I fought hard to preserve and used all my strength to “fix”, but in the end, if you are married to someone who can’t see their faults, is abusive, and unwilling to change themselves for the better, then you are left with only two choices…wait indefinitely until change happens or move on. I chose the latter and feel absolutely certain I made the right decision.

I conquered many fears choosing to leave my loving family and close friends and a life of familiarity but in the end I have never wanted to settle for what was easy or comfortable. I wanted a challenge. An adventure. Excitement. New experiences. A fresh start to a new life of singleness and freedom to do anything and go anywhere.

This is only the beginning of my journey and I have already seen beautiful sites, learned a little Italian, met incredible and life long friends and proven again to myself that I can handle anything, and this is only after living her for a few months!

I am so excited for all you viewers to join us two American blondes in Italy as we grow, learn and experience a beautiful life together!

Tanto amore,
Emily

15 Comments

1. Greg Townsend

October 26, 2016 at 12:15 AM

Awesome! We are so happy for you. Life is to short not to go for what you want. We love seeing your photos on your many adventures.

Love
    Shelli & Greg

2. Jenny

October 26, 2016 at 1:29 AM

You deciding to step out and jump into a life of adventure and the unknown is inspiring! Not to mention super bold and I LOVE it! Life is indeed beautiful and you deserve every bit of beauty.

3. Taylor Serino

October 26, 2016 at 2:06 AM

So excited to read about your journey! I’m so proud of you Em 😊

4. BJ Harris

October 27, 2016 at 1:56 AM

I enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to more wonderful stories from my beautiful granddaughter. God bless you sweetie.

1. emilyflood

October 28, 2016 at 12:04 PM

Thank you, Nana! Love you.

5. Joanna Brainard

December 13, 2016 at 1:29 AM

Woohoo ems!! So proud of your courage to live a
    life of beauty and spontaneity. You are inspiring dear friend!

1. wp_7681248

December 22, 2016 at 1:35 PM

Thank you, Joanna! Love you.

6. Gagandeep Singh

December 17, 2016 at 9:29 AM

Wow amazing keep posting

7. Susannah Manton

February 3, 2017 at 7:22 AM

I’m so sorry that you went through what you went through back home, but I’m so glad it brought you to this new place! You and I must talk sometime since my dream is to live in Italy for at least a year ❤❤❤

1. Emily

February 3, 2017 at 2:11 PM

Thank you, Susannah! I’m so glad it brought me here too. Yes, come to Italy for 1 year! You would love it. Good food, good people, beautiful things everywhere and close by. Ask me any questions! Thank you for reading our blog! Please keep following and commenting. We love it!

8. Heidy Maschak

March 5, 2017 at 9:24 AM

My brother recommended I might like this website. He was entirely right. This post truly made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

9. Susan

March 7, 2017 at 4:57 PM

So, so happy for you, Emily! For your courage, your faith, and your spirit of adventure. What a wonderful place for a fresh beginning!
    May this be a time of lasting joy. I’ll will keep you covered with prayer as the Spirit prompts.

1. Emily

March 8, 2017 at 11:04 PM

Thank you so much, Susan! I really appreciate your comment and encouragement. Thank you for reading our blog 🙂

10. Chrissy Gilmartin

September 20, 2017 at 5:42 PM

I absolutely adore this… I just got back from southern Italy late last night after my very first 10 day trip with 25 other female photographers from around the world and I can honestly say that if I was still single and hadnt had my beautiful babies boys yet I would move over there in a heartbeat – there are truly no words for what it is like to be a blonde American girl in Italy LOL
    Vivi Al Massimo!!!!

1. Emily

September 21, 2017 at 5:59 AM

Hi Chrissy! That trip sounds incredible! I would love to be apart of something like that. Thank you so much for reading and commenting! We love interacting with readers. 🙂